Welcome to version 2 of the D-STAR Web Calculator. This version has been updated to include many of the features now available in the Gateway G2 software and the latest DPlus software.
A few of the features:
- Programming to link repeaters
- Programming to link to reflectors (Enhanced)
- Programming to connect to a specific user
- Programming to get module status
- Calculator now uses local database, cleaner data
The calculator is designed to make operating D-STAR a simple process. Select a few options and then the calculator tells you what you need to program into your radio. While we can't program your radio, stay tuned for future enhancements.
While the D-STAR calculator might not be perfect, it has been verified by many and it hopefully will not lead you astray. If you do, for any reason, find out that an error exists, please drop me a note with the information. (Ed Woodrick WA4YIH)
Update Repeater System Records
The calculator is really easy to use, but let me give you a few tips.
- Select your local repeater under Source Repeater
- Choose the local repeater module that you are going to talk to, 144 MHz, 440 MHz, or 1.2 GHz
- Select the function the you want to program for. If you don't know what to choose, start with "Local Repeater with Gateway"
- Choose the Destination repeater, if other than your local repeater
- Choose the Destination Repeater module, either on your local repeater, if selected as the destination, or the remote repeater if selected as the destination
- Program your radio as suggested in the next section
- For a description of what is going on, scroll to the bottom of the page. The buddy on the left represents you, the buddy on the right indicates the station that you are going to talk to.
- The two paragraphs on either side of the buddies describe what is going on
- The two paragraphs below the buddies indicate a sample initial dialog
- Notice that the picture of the modules will change dependent on your configuration